Friday, December 10, 2010

You CAN Always be Happy

Sister MacKay asked us to talk about the scripture we turn to when we are upset. I didn't know what to say, so I looked up my favorite. But the activity got me thinking. Why do we get upset and stay that way sometimes? If we always turned to our Heavenly Father the second we got upset, He could make it fade and not a soul would need to know our frustrations. And next time someone asks, we can honestly say we are doing fantastic!

This all being yesterday, I posted on facebook how I would never be unhappy again. Then I was asked to run errands for my mother and realized I had wasted my time on social networking instead of the shower which was so badly needed. As I tried to pull out of the drive way in our Toyota Seanna, our aunt pulled up in her small car right behind me and I hit it. No damage was done, but I forgot about my resolution as I vented about the last 5 MINUTES! As I safely pulled out of the drive way, I realized the irony of the situation. Satan was already getting at me! Wow! So I said a quick prayer and changed the station to a slightly more uplifting CD. By the time I reached my aunt's house to pick up the pans, I was smiling and happy. Not to mention there was her newborn, Grace, and all leftover frustration faded as I looked into her beautiful eyes.

"If life were fair, we'd all have so much less than we have now." If I keep that in mind, I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment